The internationally recognized business continuity management system helps you to understand and prioritize business risks of your organization with effective control mechanisms and PLAN B. This ISO 22301 certification standard focuses on the continual improvement of your business through the PDCA model.
The requirements are identified as
- identify the potential business risks and perform an impact analysis
- establish a system to mitigate losses and avoid unavailability of key staff, loss and inaccessibility of core facilities, availability of critical assets, avoid loss of information and communication technology system, retaining supply chain of internal and external sources
- identifying minimum services / functions required to maintain and maximum period required to resume the operations to perform
- Implementation f Business Continuity Plans.
- Engaging all resources / process owners to test BCP for ensuring no disruptions of business.
Organizations should determine and adopt the best business continuity strategy based on the BIA and Risk Assessment
ideally the strategy will focus avoiding disruptions those will create significant losses to the organization in the areas of customer confidence, reputation at stake, legal implications, Operational losses etc. A detailed contingency plan should be designed by correlating all the critical functions addressing roles and responsibilities and response lead time.
It is important for organizations to implement the requirement of ISO 22301 ” exercising and testing” consistent with the scope, resources’ competency, scenarios those are planned and its objectives, ensuring continuity preparations etc. it’s important for organizations to be familiarizing the “real-case-scenario” to ensure they are ready to face and manage any disruptions which are unanticipated.